Potato Pancakes with Dulse
(450g) cooked mashed potato, add 2 desert spoons (25g) of plain
flour, and 1/4oz (7g) of finely chopped dulse, mix together, split
into portions, and roll in golden breadcrumbs. Shallow or deep fry
in olive oil. Add pepper to taste and serve.
Tasty Seaweed Soup
1 pint of fresh cold springwater, and add 1 desert spoon of
Marigold reduced salt bullion, finely chop and throw in ¼
oz (7g) each of Dulse, Wakame, and mixed Sea Salad, heat gently to
near boil and simmer for 7-10 minutes. Serve with crutons, toast,
or fresh buttered bread.
Recipes from dmoz.org
Carragheen (Irish Moss)
- Carrageen Bramble Flan - Recipe for the Irish desert made with blackberries.
- Carrageen Moss Pudding from Belleville - Includes Irish moss, milk, sugar, an egg, and vanilla.
- Carrageen Peppermint Cream - Irish dessert made of Irish moss, milk, sugar, peppermint oil, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce.
- Honey and Lemon Carrageen Pudding - Irish dessert recipe includes Irish moss, hony, lemon juice and rind, egg white, and heavy cream.
- Irish Moss Ginger Jelly - Irish dessert recipe includes Irish moss, egg white, cream, sugar, grated ginger, and lemon zest.
- Irish Moss Jelly - Basic recipe includes Irish moss, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Irish Moss Pudding - Basic recipe for vanilla and chocolate pudding.
- Atlantic Mariculture Ltd. - Dulse harvester presents nutritional information and soup, seafood, and salad recipes.
- Garden Salad with Dulse and Roasted Walnuts - Salad recipe using arugula or other greens.
- Irish Dulse Soda Scones - Recipe ingredients include white flour, egg, and buttermilk or sour cream.
- Montrealfood.com: Dulse - Article by Barry Lazar on ways to introduce dulse to the reluctant.
- Palmaria - Includes photographs, various names, history, and current uses of dulse.
- Pumpkin Seed-Dulse Condiment - Recipe using only pumpkin seeds and dulse flakes. Includes nutritional analysis.
- Vegan Endive and Dulse Salad - Salad ingredients include oranges, and Japanese rice wine, rice vinegar, and ginger pickle.
- Avocado, Apple, and Wakame Seaweed Salad - Simple salad flavored with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Carrots, Turnips, Leeks with Wakame Seaweed - Vegetables sauted in sesame oil and seasoned with tamari.
- Clear Soup with Wakame - Dashi flavored with wakame, sake, and soy sauce.
- Miso and Wakame Soup - Simple, flexible recipe with variations.
- Orange Wakame Salad - Oranges or tangerines, cucumber, radishes, and green onion flavored with wakame flakes, mirin, sea salt, sesame seeds, and brown rice vinegar.
- Rehydrating Dried Wakame Seaweed - Instructions with photographs.
- Wakame, Bean Thread, and Cucumber Salad - Wakame strips, bean threads, onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, and carrots with a dressing made from vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil.
- Wakame Salad - Greens, wakame, and avocado flavored with garlic and ginger.
- Cooking with Kombu - Ways to use kombu and directions for making powdered kombu seasoning.
- The Humble Bean - Kombu and bean recipes including azuki beans with squash and kombu, lentils and vegetables, chickpea and kombu, humus, and pinto beans with vegetables.
- Kombu - Purchasing information, cooking instructions, and recipes for the soup stocks simple dashi and shiitake dashi.
- Kombu Dipping Sauce - Kombu stock flavored with dark soy sauce, seasoned rice wine, sugar, and salt.
- Kombu Recipes - Recipes for dashi, soup, marinades, kombu with rice, and kombu with beans.
- Kombu Stock for Miso Soups - Recipe using garlic and ginger.
- Rice with Kombu Seaweed - Brown rice flavored with kombu, sea salt, and sesame oil.
- Soup Stocks - Kombu recipes including homemade vegetable stock, Japanese sea vegetable stock, and Japanese dried mushroom stock.
General Seaweed Recipes
- Cooking with Fresh Seaweed - Recipes include sea lettuce seasoning, blanc mange and salad made with Irish moss, soup stock, and bread.
- Cook's Thesaurus: Sea Vegetables - Synonyms, equivalents, and substitutions.
- Creative Healthy Cooking: Mineral-rich Cuisine - Simple recipes using kombu, hijiki, arame, wakame, and nori.
- Kushi Instituite: Sea Vegetable Dishes - Arame with sweet corn, baked wakame with onions, and hiziki with fried tofu recipes.
- Mitoku: Sea Vegetables Recipes - Includes preparation and recipes using hijiki, kombu, kanten, nori, and wakame.
- Neptune's Garden - List of seaweed types and their uses.
- Recipes for Ulva the Sea Lettuce - Nutrition, storage, and recipes for soup and toasted sea lettuce.
- Recipes with Sea Vegetables - Nori tempura, sweet squash corn muffins, and vegetable cobbler.
- Scrolls of Knowledge: Recipes - Collection of kelp and dulse soup and salad recipes.
- Sea Vegetable Cuisine - Recommendations for introducing the vegetables and simple recipes using arame, wakame, kombu, and nori.
- Sea Vegetables - List of seaweeds, noting where they grown and how they're used, and links.
- WaveLength Paddling Magazine: Harvesting Sea Vegetables - Guide to harvesting in the Pacific Northwest with preparation notes.
- The World's Healthiest Foods: Sea Vegetables - Includes selection and storing, recipes, serving ideas, and nutritional analysis.